Friday, May 24, 2013

Guatemala!



On January 25th, 2013, I received my mission call in the mail. My little sister had just flown in for an interview and she was able to be there when I went to the mailbox. We were jumping up and down and screaming. It seemed almost unreal. Then at 7:30 with a group of friends, I opened my call. 
I am hereby called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Guatemala Retalhuleu mission! I report to the Guatemala MTC on June 12th, 2013 and I will be preaching the gospel in the Spanish language. 







I am beyond thrilled! My dream has been to learn Spanish and now I have the chance to become fluent! :) I cannot believe it. Many of you may be asking "Why are you serving a mission?". Sometimes I have to ask myself that question as well but I have found a scripture in Alma 43 that basically sums it up.Alma 43: 46 "And they were doing that which they felt was the duty which they owed to their God"Although it is not required of young women to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, it is definitely something I had to consider with deep thought and prayer. I have had several amazing experiences where time after time, I know the Lord was telling me that a mission is the right thing for me to do. This is what the Lord has in store for me. I know that to be true. It wasn't necessarily what I had in mind for my future but the Lord does know what each and every one of us needs. This is my duty.Also, I see a mission as a way to become like our Father in Heaven and His Son, Jesus Christ as well. As a missionary, I will teach the gospel to the people of Guatemala. I will do this through my example, through teaching lessons, through the scriptures, through prayer, etc. This is exactly what the Savior did while He was on Earth. I am not saying in any way that I compare to the Savior but the lifestyle I am going to strive to live for 18 months is based off of His example. This truly is my sacred duty and I cannot wait to begin my missionary service!

No comments:

Post a Comment