Sunday, July 28, 2013

A God of Miracles July 12th, 2013

July 12th, 2013
Hola mi familia y mis amigos tambien!!!
Another week here at the MTC and I only have 10 days left.... where has the time gone! Seriously!!!!
It would have been my grandpa's birthday this past week! Love you Grandpa Jack. You truly are missed :)
 Well my circulo de amistad was this week. I felt so overwhelmed with love and warm fuzzies!!! :) My district is so amazing and they lift me up when I am down. I am grateful for them and all they have taught me. If I was supposed to come to the Provo MTC instead of Guatemala just to meet them.... I am totally fine with that. They are truly my brothers and my companions are amazing. I am so grateful for what they have shown me and have helped me learn!
 One thing that I have really worked on this week is meditating before I pray. It is so easy to just kneel and repeat the same lines or phrases over and over again without even thinking about what we are saying or WHO we are talking to. We are talking to our Creator, our Heavenly Father. So before I pray, I have been taking 2 minutes or so to reflect upon the day. I have reflected on the blessings and the miracles that I saw throughout the day, I have reflected on the times I recognized the Spirit assisting me in what I was doing and the things that I need to ask for forgiveness of and improve the next day. As I have done this, I have felt more joy and have felt a stronger bond form with my Heavenly Father. It has only been 3days but it makes a difference. Personal prayer is so essential in this life. It is a way we can talk to our Heavenly Father and receive answers from Him. We are His children; he wants to hear about our day. He wants to know the things that went well and the things that didn't go so well. He wants to know of our struggles and He wants to help us improve every day. When we treat our Heavenly Father as someone we trust and can talk to, we have a stronger desire to do what He has asked us to and therefore we become more like Him. I promise you if you meditate before prayer and truly talk to our Heavenly Father, you will be able to recognize His love and His hand in your life more easily.
 We said goodbye to our teacher Hermana Kitto this week. She is such an amazing person and I am so grateful that I was able to meet her. She has inspired me to be a better missionary and strive to always do the Lord's will. Before she left, we talked about miracles and how they happen. She pointed out something that I have never thought about before. If we want miracles in our lives, we need to be exactly obedient. Obedience brings blessings but exact obedience brings miracles. Along with obedience, there is faith, hope and love.
Faith is believing in God. Hope is believing in ourselves. Love is believing in others. When we have these principles together, we are guaranteed to witness miracles. All we have to do is what He asks of us and we are beyond blessed.
So we taught Elizabeth for the last time. It was hard to know this was the last time we would teach her but I had a little miracle of my own. During TALL (a language program to help with teaching the Gospel in Spanish), I had a sentence come up that said "When we are baptized, we become spirit children of Christ, I wanted to learn more about this but just put it away in my mind. Then as I was reading in Mosiah 5. I came across verses 7 and 8:
And now, because of the covenant which ye have made ye shallbe called the achildren of Christ, his sons, and his daughters; forbehold, this day he hath spiritually begotten you; for ye say thatyour hearts are bchanged through faith on his name; therefore, yeare cborn of him and have become his dsons and his daughters.
 And under this head ye are made afree, and there is bno otherhead whereby ye can be made free. There is no other cnamegiven whereby salvation cometh; therefore, I would that yeshould dtake upon you the name of Christ, all you that haveentered into the covenant with God that ye should be obedientunto the end of your lives.

I was deeply touched by them. When we are baptized we are spiritually reborn and this was made possible through the Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ. Then as we were teaching Elizabeth about baptism, I felt impressed to share this verse with her. As she read this verse, her face said it all. She made the connection of how Christ feels for us with how she felt about her children. It is amazing how the Spirit prepares us for to teach without us even realizing and how our Heavenly Father knows each of us individually. We truly have a God of miracles.
 Another thing I have been praying for is to recognize the Spirit. It has been amazing to see the difference. Sometimes we are just so distracted by the things around us and assume there are coincidences but nothing is! Everything has a reason and a purpose and we need to recognize the Lord's hand in all things. Through this we can see how truly blessed we all are!
 So we taught in TRC this week to Elder Crockett, a darling senior missionary! He was so wonderful and truly taught us! He said that through our service our families are being blessed :) and angles are surrounding us to lift us up. As a missionary, I have heard so many people talk about angels and how they are surrounding us. It brings me such comfort to know that I am not alone in this. I have the Savior and many others right by my side and an amazing support group throughout the world! :)
 So last week or 2 weeks, I talked about that Elder who looks like Elder Christensen in The District..... well I saw the REAL Elder Christensen and I almost had a heart attack. I literally could not speak for 30 seconds. It was one of the greatest moments. LOL
We got a new teacher, Hermano Bulloch. He served in Uruguay and he is hilarious!! His stories and enthusiasm have made me even more excited to be in Guatemala!!! I am so excited.... 10 days! ajhhhhhhh
So we sent a letter to Elder Pope's mom about how we appreciate her food that her son shares with us so she sent us 2 packages of brownies and yummy bars! It was amazing and definitely made my day!

"Obedience is the price, Faith is the power, Love is the motive, Spirit is the key, Christ is the reason, Joy is the reward"  Elder Goodman shared this with us and I just love it!!! It is a mission in a nutshell! I am so grateful to be here and for the many lessons I am learning and have yet to learn!!!
 I LOVE YOU TONS! XOXOXOXO

Hermana Webster

My MTC District at the Provo Temple

Kira and Sis. Kitto

Tres Hermanas - Sis. Webster, Sis Moore, Sis Pister

No comments:

Post a Comment