Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy Belated 4th of July

HAPPY BELATED 4TH OF JULY!!!!!!
Can I just say I love America? This country is so amazing and I am so grateful to live here and have the freedoms and rights that I do! Yesterday, we have a district moment of silence for those who fight for our freedom and have fought for it as well. I am so grateful for them! Then we sang the national anthem (with parts even!). It was truly a spiritual experience.
Here at the MTC, we got to watch a movie!!! 17 miracles :) It is about a few of the miracles that happened as the pioneers made their way to Salt Lake City. It really made me reflect on how the Lord is a part of our daily lives. He truly is in the details and is helping us along the way. It also made me think about the many angels we have surrounding us, whether they are here on Earth or from the heavens, they are there.  Afterwards, we watched fireworks and ate ice cream. I am sure you can imagine how excited I was! It was kind of out of control....! :)
 I found a theme for my mission! It is 1 Thessalonians 1:3! I specifically like the phrases "Work of Faith", "Labor of Love" and "Patience of Hope"“. Even though I haven't entered the mission field yet, I already know it is going to be hard. I know there are going to be days where I will just want to give up. This is where the work of faith comes in. The Lord gives us challenges and trials to test us and strengthen us. It is not where things are going well that our faith is strengthened, it is when nothing is going right but we have the faith that the Lord will bless us.  I know there are going to be people who will change my life forever and will make me a better person. I want to share this message of joy with them because of this labor of love. I am not here to just baptize people. I am here to being people closer to our Savior, Jesus Christ, and the ultimate example of love. I am here to represent Him on this Earth and help others feel His love through me. Then there is patience of hope. Patience has always been something I have struggled with so I have begun to study it more in depth. I have come to learn that patience is not just waiting. It is enduring and enduring well. Not everything works out the way we plan for a reason but when these moments come, it is important to trust in our Heavenly Father and have the hope and knowledge that He is going to help us.
 So Sister Sheri Dew came and spoke to us in Relief Society... awesome! One thing I loved is that she said on our missions we need to first find out who we are and then find out who the Savior is. We cannot understand how important the Savior is until we understand our worth. I would ask all of you who may feel lost, who may feel alone and depressed to get on your knees and ask our loving Heavenly Father what you mean to Him. It is an experience that words cannot describe and it will change the way you see yourself, the way you treat others and the way you live your life. I promise you that He will answer you. It may not be right away but it will come.
 We also got to watch a devotional on Sunday night by Pres. Bednar called "Becoming Missionaries"! I don't know if you can access it online or through you-tube but it is one worth watching! Especially if you are preparing to go on a mission! It made me realize that I was chosen to be a representative of Jesus Christ before I lived here on this Earth. I knew the blessings it would bring and I need to take advantage of every second as a missionary because 18 months goes by fast!!!!!!!
 We had a lesson with Elizabeth! Our first lesson with her was very short and did not go very well! In the second lesson, we focused on the love of our Heavenly Father. She believes there is a God but didn't see Him as a loving Heavenly Father. Then our third lesson was just absolutely amazing! I had asked her to read 1 Nephi 8 for some reason and we figured out how to incorporate it into our lesson about the Restoration. The Spirit in that room was incredibly strong and there was no denying. She offered the pray at the end and said the most amazing things. She said something like "Father, I never believed these things before or felt anything but I believe it now. Forgive me for my hard heart and bless me with faith". It was so incredible and I was so happy. I have never been so happy. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the only thing that can bring us true joy in this life. Christ is the light and the way and now Elizabeth knows that!
 Also, I have noticed in teaching the lesson how my Spanish is coming along. I am definitely not fluent by any means but I can get by! The Lord really does bless His missionaries with the ability to learn quickly and communicate not only through our words but through our smiles and our spirit.
Random thoughts: Hermana Pister fainted and Hermana Moore caught her....yay!!! Our teacher, Hermano Wadsworth is helping open up the Mexico MTC so he left! We taught a grammar concept in Spanish yaya!!!!
 Favorite moment of the week: We had a devotional with Brother Matthew Richardson in the General Sunday School Presidency and my Living Prophets teacher at BYU. THE SPIRIT WAS SO STRONG. I could tell that he had put much thought into his message and truly wanted every missionary to make changes following his talk. He talked about what it means to be a real missionary. We represent Jesus Christ and need to act, teach, love, and serve accordingly. As a missionary, we are doing the Savior's work and we are not alone. He is alongside with us. As I mentioned before, we have angels guiding us and helping us through the way, we have the Spirit to testify of the truthfulness of our words and we have the protection and love of the Lord in all that we do. Nothing can stop this work from going forward and I want to act well my part as a missionary and not slow down this wonderful work!
The best part though was our district meeting that followed. I was so touched by the powerful and uplifting testimonies of the Elders in my district. They talked about what it means to them to be a missionary and I have never felt so joyful and uplifted in my life. I have never heard such strong testimonies of our Savior and Redeemer from young men. One thing that I loved that Elder Montgomery said was everything we do; we do it in His name. We have been given the power and authority to preach and love as our Savior Jesus Christ. I am so grateful to be here and to be a missionary! I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know that through the Book of Mormon, we can find an answer to EVERY trial and challenge we face in this life. It was written for our day and can bless us more than any other book on this Earth. I know that my Heavenly Father loves me and that I am His Daughter. I know our Savior Jesus Christ has suffered all things that we might have joy and choose to follow Him and our loving Father in Heaven. I love all of you and I am so grateful for all you do!!! Always remember you are NEVER alone!!!
 Love,

Hermana Webster
Teaching the Spanish Class

Fireside

Tres Hermana's

Walking to the Provo Temple
Anonymous MTC Pic

Courtesy of Marec ! She sat by them :)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment