Saturday, December 6, 2014

December 1st, 2014 This Gospel is of peace and hope, even in moments of sadness and pain.


Before you read more please go to this website and watch this video. It has changed my life and my mindset and has gotten me even more excited about this glorious work and for Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 


 

I have been doing divisions all week and I have been able to learn a lot and meet a ton of new people!!!I was able to go on divisions with Hna. Terry aka my twin and she is from Washington!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were trying to find an old investigator and when we arrived, it was set up for a viewing. Turns out his older brother was killed the night before. He was 19 years old. I tried putting myself in the shoes of this Joven and I thought of my baby sister. It hit me like a ton of bricks. We just sat there and cried. I don’t know how he feels but we were able to explain to him that the Savior does and that He loves him and his brother. I felt so strongly that the Spirit guided Hna. Terry to visit this family in this instant. This Gospel is of peace and hope, even in moments of sadness and pain.

 I didn’t let me being in Guate stop me from having my Thanksgving!!!! We ate beans, eggs, mac and cheese and platanos. So it was super chapin but It was thanksgiving. We even went around and said why we are grateful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
So we met with this one Hermano who has been drinking since he was 12. He was so excited to have us come and he wants to chahge but doesn’t know how. He said something that touched my heart. “He said my heart is hard, I just need to break it.”  This scripture made a lot more sense.

 Doctrine and Covenants 20. 37

And again, by way of commandment to the church concerning the manner of baptism—All those who humble themselves before God, and desire to be baptized, and come forth with broken hearts and contrite spirits, and witness before the church that they have truly repented of all their sins, and are willing to take upon them the name of Jesus Christ, having a determination to serve him to the end, and truly manifest by their works that they have received of the Spirit of Christ unto theremission of their sins,  shall be received by baptism into his church.

 Just know that I love you all and appreciate all of the love you show me  !!!

Hermana Kira Webster
Learned my lesson last year, not too close to the Turkey's :)

GO ZAGS !!!

Hermana's



 

No comments:

Post a Comment