Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Jan. 13th , 2014 Thank You for the Birthday Wishes

I HAD A BABY!!! Which means…. I am training a new Sister missionary and I am still in San Felipe. I have been here 7 months. Almost half of my mission. My zone didnt believe it and neither did the members. My zone leader called the assistants to make sure they knew how long I have been here. hahahah. My baby is from El Salvador and her name is Hna. Nativdad. Yes, like Christmas! She is super sweet and so humble. So willing to learn and improve.
I felt so inadequate to be a trainer, but the Lord truly calls us to what we need. I have felt the Spirit guiding me sooooooooooooo much to the people. I was reading in 2 Nephi 33 and I just found the most perfect scripture.

 4 And I know that the Lord God will consecrate my prayers for the gain of my people. And the words which I have written in weakness will be made strong unto them; for it persuadeth them to do good; it maketh known unto them of their fathers; and it speaketh of Jesus, and persuadeth them to believe in him, and to endure to the end, which is life eternal.

Nephi, prophet of God, wrote these words in weakness but they strengthen me daily. I am training Hna. Natividad in what I feel like is my weakness but through the Lord I am strengthening her, myself and the people we are teaching. I seriously am in awe of how much the Lord is guiding me. We don’t need to fear or feel inadequate. We have an Almighty God helping us.

So Hna. Rosa is just so legit. I love her so much. She is just darling. We just went over the baptismal questions and just to hear her testify that the Church is true brought so much peace to my heart and I was gleaming. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to teach her and watch her become closer to the Lord.

I think more than anything this week I have come to truly love my mission. Some days I cannot stop smiling and others I just think what am I doing wrong! I am trying so hard to help these people and they just reject me. It doesn’t matter what type of day it is. The Lord always guides me to what I need to do and how I should do it. I only have 18 months and 7 have already passed. I have to enjoy every minute and I am.

We had an amazing lesson with some members in our ward. The Spirit was so strong. We wrote down the blessings we have and we talked about how the little things add up. Its the same in our lives. The little things we do here add up and help us to live with our Heavenly Father once again.

The mission is changing me for the better. I feel closer to my Savior each day. I love you all so much and want all of you to have this happiness and reassurance too. Invite the missionaries over to have a lesson in your house. You will not regret it. Pay attention to how you feel. I know the Spirit will testify of the truth. The Gospel is true and I cannot deny it and never will.

Have a good week!!!!!
I love you tons.
Hna. Kira Webster

THANKS FOR THE BIRTHDAY WISHES. I FEEL SO LOVED.


MTC Companions 





Twins

No comments:

Post a Comment