Sunday, January 26, 2014

January 20th - Christ lives and loves us. ALL of us.

Welll..... I now have 20 years!!!!!!!  I had a Birthday… Weird, Not a teenager anymore. So I started out my Birthday by waking up at 5:20 am. Here it is tradition to go sing Las mañantias to the person celebrating their birthday. Except you do it with fireworks......
Well since Hno. Darvin and I have the same birthday we decided to go wake him up :) It was so much fun and he was so tired... hahah but I loved it. I think it is a tradition that I am going to bring to the states :)
Then my whole zone bought me a cake and sang to me. It was Hna. Moreno´s bday on the 13th so we celebrated together.
Then Hna. Ingrid bought me a cake, Hna. Estelita made me lunch and Hna. Vilma bought me a piñata. Oh and it is also tradition to shove your face in the cake....  I got spoiled!! and we found an awesome family that day!!!! Monica and Vernon. They have questions and they actually listened.  They said they didn’t feel like the miracles Jesus did while He was here on the Earth. I was able to testify to them about the Priesthood and how it is really the power of God. Especially since I have seen and felt the blessings of the Priesthood in my own life personally. :)

We had a General Authority 70’s come!! Elder Soares. Wow. He is so awesome. He really helped me understand that this time is never coming back. I was  Called to Serve in Spanish...... and I felt so strongly that I am where I am supposed to be!!!

We had a fogata!!! aka a bonfire in our ward. We thought maybe 50 people would come... 80!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was incredible and so many new investigators came. Hno. Darvin came too with his brothers..... one of them came to church tooo!!!!!!! So awesome. It was amazing to see the blessings and results of our hard work and dedication.

So Hna. Rosa got sick but we were able to go to her house and share the scripture below with her. We explained that sometimes we have trials to see if with our faith we are willing to overcome them and serve the Lord.

6 And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that afaith is things which arebhoped for and cnot seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no dwitness until after the etrial of your faith.

After we read it, she was like yah ! I am going to church ! It was incredible. Mario came to church too. And this drunk man I invited too just randomly, I didn’t think he would come but he did. It was an interesting experience.
I know the church is true. Christ lives and loves us. ALL of us. It doesn’t matter what we have done, through the Atonement and the Gospel of Jesus Christ, we can find true peace and happiness in this life. :)

I love you !!!
Thanks for your support.
Xoxoxoxo
Hermana Kira Webster



20th Birthday 

Birthday Cake in the face :)






No comments:

Post a Comment