Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Oct. 21st, 2013 The temple is where we can find peace, where we can be closest to our Father in heaven and the Savior here on Earth. I LOVE THE TEMPLE!!

I WENT TO THE TEMPLE. I AM SO HAPPY. I LOVE THE TEMPLE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH.
If you cannot tell... I am a little happy. I got to go to the temple in Xela (Quetzaltenango) this week! It is so beautiful. The temple is truly the house of the Lord. When I entered the temple, tears just came. I have never felt so much peace in my life. I have never been surrounded by so much beauty nor had so much joy in my heart. Hermana Terry ( my twin, no joke) went with us and when we both walked in, we just looked at each other and started to cry and we had the biggest smiles on our faces. The temple is where we can find peace, where we can be closest to our Father in heaven and the Savior here on Earth. I LOVE THE TEMPLE!! If you are close to the temple, GO AS MUCH AS YOU CAN: I cannot stress it enough. Go!!
after the temple.... WENDYS!!!! I was freaking out. So many childhood memories. hahaha.
So la obra misional is kinda of everything you don’t expect it to be.  have learned so much about patience and humility here. I still have a long ways to go but I feel like I am changing. Slowly but surely. I have really learned to love my companion. It was her birthday this week and you know how I am with birthdays! I went all out. When we serve people, we really learn to love them. We are happier and they are happier. That’s how the Lord wants it to be :)
Being a missionary is all about sacrifice. The biggest sacrifice is not our time but our pride. Being a missionary is about being selfless. It is about forgetting what we want and doing what He wants us to do instead.
So we had 2 investigators in church!! Miracle. One of them is a little girl and she is adorable. Her favorite princess is Cinderella so we basically just talk about princesses and books with her. She is adorable and we are going to teach her and her family this week! I am so excited.
So a member in our ward had us over for lunch and we were talking with her and her daughter, who I thought was a member for like 3 months... she isn’t and we started teaching her! It was awesome. her mom is a recent converts and to her testify of the divinity of the Church was so awesome!! I love this family so much and they are having us over for the Day of the Dead!!! ( It’s kind of a big deal here, 2 other families want to have us over too!!!! yaya food!)
By the way....  I LOVE PAN aka bread. It is soooooooooooooo good. Here it is just sweet goodness. I can’t even ex plain it. I am going to definitely gain weight... oh well.
Anyways I love you all so much!! Thanks for your support and your letters.
Hna. Kira Webster










No comments:

Post a Comment