Sunday, May 4, 2014

April 28th 2014 This life is not the end. It is only the beginning to something even greater


BLANCA WAS BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blanca en español means white. It was a very white Saturday!!! Blanca and her daughter Ismelda were baptized. Words cannot describe how I felt. She has been such an amazing example to me of faith and endurance. I feel so honored to teach her and her daughter Ismelda. I could not stop smiling on Saturday!!! It was a lot of running around in the morning but we pulled it off. The other sisters in our ward had 3 baptisms too so it was just an awesome spirit there. The Bishop spoke afterwards and was truly guided by the Spirit what to say. Hna. Blanca has always had a hard time remembering everything but he talked about how it is okay if they don’t understand everything. That is the beautiful thing about the Gospel. We never stop learning. We never stop growing!!!!!! It has been so fun helping her be prepared throughout this week and seeing them confirmed members of the Church on Sunday was just perfect. This is why I am a missionary. Through all of the tears and slammed doors in our face, this is way I stick with it. To see these people change and open their hearts to Christ!!! I know it is only through the Gospel, the true Gospel that these changes can come about. I have no doubt in my mind that I am teaching the truth. I love this Gospel.

We found an awesome lady named Paola on Wednesday!! She didn’t really seem super interested but I felt like we needed to ask her if we could come in. She grudgingly opened the door and said pasen adelante. Then I saw a ton of pics of her mom who died 2 years ago. As we testified how she could be with her mother again after this life. She changed. The Spirit testified to her that we were speaking the truth. She was so concentrated on us in the whole lesson. I don’t know what will happen with Paola but I know that the Spirit has testified to her that God has a plan. This life is not the end. It is only the beginning to something even greater.

I know this Church is true. I know Jesus Christ is my Savior. Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and he did see God and Jesus Christ. I have no doubt of that. If you do, ask the Lord with the desire to know and act accordingly and He will testify to you as He has to many others of the truth,

I love you alll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xoxoxooxox

Hna. Kira Webster
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment