Sunday, December 29, 2013

Dec 16th "The circus came to town....and we are teaching them!"

The circus came to town....and we are teaching them!!! I taught a lesson in a circus tent this week. It was legit!!!! They are so wonderful and the Spirit was definitely in our meeting. What are prophets??? was their question and we had a really great discussion about how there is a prophet who leads and guides us today because our Father in Heaven loves us like He did in the ancient times. We see them everywhere and they are reading the Book of Mormon.

Melany got baptized!! She is the sweetest thing ever. After her baptism, Hna. Betancourth said to me, that's a future missionary right there. :) I am so grateful that I was able to teach her. She is only 10 but she has such a great desire to serve the Lord and do His will. She always lights us when she sees us and always has a smile on her face. I love her!! She is like my little sister.
So we invited a less active to the noche de hermanamiento. Something incredible happened. So usually the bishop chooses 2 people to share their testimonies but he asked if he could share his testimony with everyone. It was so touching and helped me realize that so many people just need an invitation to feel the love of the Savior once again:)

So we are teaching a sister who came to the Christmas devotional and we went with Joven. He shared his testimony and it was the most beautiful thing ever. His dad isnt a member and he was saying how every Sunday he looks out and sees all these families together and how he just wants his dad to be baptized. We were all crying and she came to church on Sunday!! :) I know she truly felt the Saviors love as we testified the Gospel truths to her. This Gospel is for everyone and can bring peace and love into every home this holiday season :)
Random news... I made no bake cookies. i am teaching English and I love my comp!!! Oh and I have a solo in the Stake Choir Recital... hahah.

So I completed 6 months in my mission. Where did the time go!!! I cannot believe it. I only have a year to help as many Guatemaltecos to come unto Christ! So much to do in so little time. I really love my mission. It is hard but so worth it. I cry, I smile, I laugh, I learn and I love the people with all that I can. Merry Christmas!!! Serve a stranger today!!

Love you all!!
Hna. Kira Webster



No comments:

Post a Comment