Sunday, December 15, 2013

Dec. 2, 2013 " For this Christmas season, think of what you can give to the Savior"

HAPPY THANKSGIVING.
So how was my Thanksgiving many are asking?? AMAZING. It wasn’t because I ate a turkey or because I got to go Black Friday shopping. HNO. DARVIN WAS BAPTIZED. TRULY A MIRACLE. So on Thanksgiving morning my new comp and I ran to Darvins house to verify his baptism at 6:45 am (He is impossible to find so we decided to wake him up!). He said yes and that he only needed to go to a job interview. So 5 pm it is. Everything here starts an hour late so we thought okay at 6. We called him and he was still in Mazate (like 40 min from here). What!! Then 7 pm came around and all of the members were getting a little anxious. At 730 they decided we should just eat the cake we bought for his baptism because everyone thought he wasn’t going to come. My comp and I wanted to wait until 8 but we just ate the cake and enjoyed. Almost everyone left and then at 755... HNO. DARVIN CAME. I was freaking out. It truly was a miracle. I had been praying and praying repeatedly that he would just come. He told us that he was nervous and wasn’t sure. Then one of the most beautiful moments on my mission happened. The members that were there just gathered around him and bore their testimonies about the day of their baptism. Absolutely beautiful. Then we sang his favorite Hymn, Lead Kinldly Light. When we ended, he asked us to sing How Great Thou Art because it was his grandpa’s favorite. I looked up in the middle and Hno. Darvin was crying. Then I started crying. When he entered the water. I could not stop smiling. It was such a beautiful moment. I am so grateful to be a missionary. To serve the people here in San Felipe and become closer to my Savior. This work is all about Him and I am so glad to be a part of it.

My new comp..... HNA. BETANCOURTH. She is seriously perfect. I love her so much. She is from Honduras and she is an amazing missionary. Literally incredible. I am learning so much from her and I feel like I am in training again. I am so excited to work with her for 6 weeks. We have seen so many miracles and I know this is just the start.

We visited Hna. Toribia when Hna. Pineda left and it was so beautiful. She just said, when I was sick and    alone, you didn’t abandon me. The Lord really sends us to who knows needs us. I know that is true and I am so grateful to serve the Lord for these 18 months. I love you all and miss you so much!!

For this Christmas season, think of what you can give to the Savior. Become better. Help others to come unto Him and a be a light unto those in the dark. They need us and we need them in order to become better and more like our Savior, Jesus Christ. I love you tons!!!

Hna.  Kira Webster






No comments:

Post a Comment