Sunday, December 1, 2013

Nov 24th,2013 Happy Thanksgiving

Hola from Guate!!!
Another week in paradise and of burning in the sun. But seriously my face is so red.
Well the week started out rough. The first member I met here passed away. His son is serving a mission right now and it got me thinking to how I would respond? As a missionary I teach to people every day, that death is not the end and it isn’t. The Lord has plan for every single one of us. We have the opportunity to return to live with Him one day and with our families in never ending happiness. It all depends on what we do with our time here on Earth. So make sure you are doing what is worthwhile.
Hno. Cezar is so legit. I was telling him that the Book of Mormon is so powerful that we don’t have to read it all. Just by holding it in our hand we can feel its power. (Remember he is blind). So during the lessons, he opens the book and just touches the pages. I was so touched by this simple act. It helped me remember what it means to have a true desire to know and the faith to know as well.
We have a new investigator..... VANESSA. I love teaching her because I get to say my sisters name all the time and because she is just awesome. She told us that she never has really felt that God has helped her in her life. I told her that by reading the Book of Mormon she could find the help she needs and feel the love God has for her. She has been reading the Book of Mormon and she is coming to church. She is so adorable. She reads with her boyfriend too, who is a less active member. I love her so much and I am so happy that she is starting to recognize that she is not alone.
The brother of Hno. Juan Carlos Joj is so legit. Elgar. He is trying to change his schedule just to go to church! Nobody does that here. Seriously nobody. He is so awesome and so willing to learn more about the truth.
Pres. Amado of the 70 came to visit our mission. He said something I really loved. We don’t have to know everything but we need to know that it is all true. It is okay to say I don’t know but I do know that it is true. That really struck me but it is so true. We don’t have to understand everything the Book of Mormon says but we can know it is all true through prayer.
HAPPY THANKSIGVING!!! I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR ALL OF YOU AND YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT. EAT LOTS OF GOOD FOOD FOR ME. I will be enjoying my tortillas and caldo :)
xoxox
Hna. Kira Webster
Awww, Turkeys....

Not too friendly at this time of year !!

Sister Pister and Kira, MTC Companions

Lil bit sunburned




No comments:

Post a Comment