Tuesday, March 25, 2014

March 17th, 2014 Do the small and simple things that the Lord has asked of us, we will receive so many blessings in the moment but also in the heavens!!! :)

Well this week... I can’t really remember what happened so here it goes.
We were able to teach a Less active family and the Spirit really gave me the words. She wanted us to come over to tell us that she could no longer go to church. At first, we tried to talk to her and understand but it was going nowhere so we decided to sing her favorite hymn. Little did I know.... it was Count Your Blessings. We were able to teach her about how blessings only can come through our obedience to the Lord and His commandments. I just really felt like the Lord put the words I needed to help her understand WHY  we go to church. But many may ask... why?? We can pray and read the scriptures at home right?? 

But at Church, we do something much greater. We partake of the Sacrament. We remember what Christ did for each and every one of us. The bread representing His body and the water, His blood. When we prepare ourselves for this moment and truly reflect upon His life, it becomes something sacred and precious to us. We need it weekly.

Hna. Page and I haven’t had investigators come to church with us for a while so we decided to focus on helping people understand why we take the sacrament and why it is essential in our lives. I know that as we do the small and simple things that the Lord has asked of us, we will receive so many blessings in the moment but also in the heavens!!! :)

Being a missionary is hard work but it pays off. I have learned a ton and have felt the Lord really guide me. So many people don´t want to listen to us and it truly makes me sad.

I know how Nephi really felt.

But I, Nephi, have written what I have written, and I esteem it as of great worth, and especially unto my people. For I pray continually for them by day, and mine eyes water my pillow by night, because of them; and I cry unto my God in faith, and I know that he will hear my cry.

I love you all!!! Thanks for the support.


Hna. Kira Webster





No comments:

Post a Comment