Monday, September 30, 2013

Sept. 30th When we try to love others as our Heavenly Father loves them, it changes how we see them and how we serve them.

I MOVEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!  I have a new house and it is definitely an upgrade and I live with the other Hermanas in my district now. They all only speak Spanish so it is interesting. Hahah!

This week I have really dug into the scriptures and have learned so much. It is so much better to take your time and truly feast upon the words of Christ. The scriptures truly were written for us and the people and stories within them are real. They are there to help us, to guide us, to comfort us and encourage us. They truly are the words of Christ and can help us become more like Him every day.

I really love Mosiah 4:9 - 13. It’s basically a list of things we need to believe and do and then a list of soooooooooooooo many blessings. The Lord asks so little of us and blesses us with so much. I don’t think I will ever understand how much love He has for me but I know it is real and that the love of God can help us overcome anything.

I learned how to make tortillas...kinda. Hna. Vicenta tried to show me but I don’t think I was very successful. I love the members here. They are so loving towards me and always willing to serve us!

So we ran into this lady Hortencia, twice this week. She works for one of our investigators but she also was the reference of someone. We stopped by her house and were surprised to find her there. She was very back-offish in the beginning but then I asked if we could sing a hymn for her and Hna. Pineda offered her some of her leftover lunch that she had. This woman’s face lit up. She welcomed us in and as we taught, I felt so much love for her and such a desire for her to come unto Christ. It was such a special experience for me. When we try to love others as our Heavenly Father loves them, it changes how we see them and how we serve them.


Hna.America talked in sacrament meeting about visiting each other as members and how it doesn’t matter how many times they reject the’ knock at the door. (Like the scriptures that says 70 times 7 times). No matter how many times they reject us, we need to still love and serve them because that is what the Savior would do!!!
 I always applied this to forgiveness but it is so true with service and showing love to others.

I love you all tons!!!
xoxoxo

Hna. Kira Webster

Making Tortillas

Moving Day

Mi Casa


No comments:

Post a Comment