Saturday, September 21, 2013

September 2nd You are never far from the sight of your loving Heavenly Father

So after I wrote you last P day... we had two people approach us about the Church and they asked US for a Book of Mormon. What the heck! That just doesn’t{t happen. So of course in that moment we didn´t have one with us. Just our luck right but then we went shopping and I was about to start praying that we would run into other missionaries and in that moment, Elder Amundsen and Elder Chacon walked in the door. The Lord really does listen to our prayers and He answers them. Even the little ones!!

So milagros of this week! 
Hno. Darvin. He has been investigating the Church for a while. He actually went to General Conference in April and that is what started his interest in the Church. His only problem is he never really wants to set a date to be baptized. He reads the Book of Mormon and For the Strength of Youth all the time too!! It is incredible but he hasn't come to church for a while but that changed this Sunday! He came and he offered to teach the lesson in Gospel Principles next week. WHAT!!!! It was an incredible moment not going to lie. But as we were teaching him, I asked him if he has ever specifically prayed about the Book Of Mormon. He got kind of quiet and said the truth hermana... no. I cannot stress how important it is to pray about this book! Without this knowledge and testimony from God, we will not be able to say we truly know these things! I encourage all of you to read the introduction of the Book of Mormon and focus in the last 2 paragraphs specifically. Do what it says and I promise you that you will receive the knowledge that the Book of Mormon is the word of God.

B.O.M. Introduction:
We invite all men everywhere to read the Book of Mormon, to ponder in their hearts the message it contains, and then to ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ if the book is true. Those who pursue this course and ask in faith will gain a testimony of its truth and divinity by the power of the Holy Ghost.
 (See Moroni 10:3–5.)
 Those who gain this divine witness from the Holy Spirit will also come to know by the same power that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world, that Joseph Smith is His revelator and prophet in these last days, and that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord’s kingdom once again established on the earth, preparatory to the Second Coming of the Messiah.

Hna. Argentina!!! I really need to take a picture with her soon. She is so adorable. I love her. She is like my grandma here. She always gives me food. Our lunch got cancelled on Saturday and of course Hna. Argentina offered us lunch this day. Without even knowing that our lunch had been cancelled!! (The Lord is in the details, I am telling ya!!) Anyways, more importantly, she prayed with us for the first time and she is reading the Book of Mormon. All she ever says is Everything in this book is about Christ :) 

Hna. Ruth y Hno Hector. Be prepared. This is amazing. So we were heading back to our house because it was getting pretty late and this boy passed me on the street. I thought he looked like one of our previous investigators, Johnathan,  that we haven’t got a hold of him, so like the stalkers we are... we followed him naturally. It turned out to not be him,..... oops. Anyways we decided to try to contact a reference in that area but instead we found Ruth y Hector. They are inactive members aka they don’t go to church. She was standing there at the door and it was almost like she was waiting for us. No joke. She looked so happy when we walked in. Turns out that she had been hoping that someone from Church would stop by and pray with her, And there we were. They just kept thanking us and thanking us for coming. It was truly incredible. I think they just need to know that someone cares about them but more importantly that the Lord does. I have really learned there are no coincidences. Everything happens for a reason and has a purpose. I don’t know if that boy I saw even looked like Johnathan. I really think we just needed to visit Ruth and Hector that night. :)
Marvincito. So cute. He is two and when we walked in, he immediately grabbed the Himnos and For the Strength of Youth. He recognized us and knew what we were going to share with them. :)

Quotes that helped me this week!!
The pain will go away someday but the strength will stay with you.

You are never far from the sight of your loving Heavenly Father ' Pres. Boyd K. Packer

Read the talk Doing the right thing at the right time, without delay! Incredible message about how the Savior never delayed but always acted immediately. It really opened my eyes to what I can do to help others more in my life.

Well.... I love you all! I appreciate your support more than you can imagine. I can still receive dearelders.... and it is freeeeeeeee!! Just so you know... :)
Remember the Lord loves you and you are never far from His sight. Pray to help recognize His love in your life and you will be amazed by what you find.

XOXoXoXoxOxO (NACHOOOOOOO)
Love you!

August 26th 
Greetings from San Felipe! The most amazing part of Guatemala.... I am a little bias but oh well. I am really starting to feel at home here. People on the streets know who I am and they actually like talking to me!!! I really am going to hate when I have to say goodbye to these people. They truly are my brothers and sisters. I LOVE THEM.

So I have just been really wondering why I was supposed to serve a mission. I mean I want to be here but the Lord wants me here too. I found a scripture that helped me figure it out. D y C 24:7-8.

 For thou shalt devote all thy  service in Zion; and in this thou shalt have strength.
 Be  patient in  afflictions, for thou shalt have many; but endure them, for, lo, I am with thee, even unto the dend of thy days.

STRENGTH. My whole life, I have kind of been weak. It sounds bad but I haven{t really ever had a lot of confidence or felt that I was capable of doing things without the help of someone else. But here I am. In another country. Speaking a different language. and I am doing it. :) I have come to realize that I can do a lot more than I thought I could. After I found this scripture, an elder in my zone shared it with all of us the next day. The Lord is in the details!!!
Hermana Ison. I don't have a pic of her yet but she has been an angel. She has helped me so much through everything and something she said really stuck out to me. When Christ was here, He walked with the sick and the afflicted and the poor. They didn´t understand everything He taught but they felt His love and His spirit. We just need to focus on doing the same for the people here. I love that. Christ like love is helping those who can do nothing for you in return and not expecting anything.

So story of the week.....
Hno. Christian....
He asked me the following: " Were you fat before your mission??"
Me : "uhh... no. Why?"
Hno. Christian: "Then why do your thumbs look like that"?

I almost died. if any of you know me… you know that I have fat, short thumbs. You will understand.

Randomness: ONE MONTH IN GUATE!!!

More children put stuffed animals on my lap this week..... it is kind of a thing.
Hna. Miriam. the happiest woman alive. She has nothing but she doesn't see it that way. Before we prayed, I asked her if there was anything I could include in the prayer. She said I have everything I need. The Lord has blessed me with so much. :) What if everyone had that attitude? Amazing huh?
Hno. Jacobo!! So nobody goes outside when it is raining. Nobody. It was raining this Sunday..... so not very many people went to Church. Every Sunday we pick up investigators. Hno. Jacobo wasn’t there but we talked to his kids and he has been reading the Book of Mormon with them. SO SWEET: made my day!!!
Anyways.... I love you all and miss you lots. Say your prayers and trust in the Lord always. He knows what is best!!

LOVE YOU. xoxXOXOxoxox
Hna. Webster

Hermana Webster


No comments:

Post a Comment