Sunday, September 7, 2014

September 2nd, 2014 "We just got to let our faith overcome our trials. "

This week has had its trials and triumphs.

My comp and I are like night and day. It has been interesting to work together and forget our differences. I had a couple of breakdowns this week but it was good because we were able to talk and understand each other. I really do love Hna. Valenzuela. We have different cultures, ideas, languages but I have come to learn that we both love the Lord. She has taught me how to be a true friend to everyone and just help people to trust in me. I really know the Lord has put us together for a reason. She is everything I am not and vice versa. We kind of complete each other. The work has gone a little bit slower lately and I have felt bad because I don’t feel like I am doing all that I can. But I found a scripture that really helped me out! Mosiah 2:21 to 22

21.  I say unto you that if ye should serve him who has created you from the beginning, and is     preserving you from day to day, by lending you breath, that ye may live and move and do according to your own will, and even supporting you from one moment to another—I say, if ye should serve him with all your whole souls yet ye would be unprofitable servants.

 22.   And behold, all that he requires of you is to keep his commandments; and he has promised you that if ye would keep his commandments ye should prosper in the land; and he never doth vary from that which he hath said; therefore, if ye do keep his commandments he doth bless you and prosper you.

We will never be able to do all that we can because we are not perfect but the Lord just expects us to be obedient and do what He has asked of me!!! Obedience is the key!!! :)

Andres got baptized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is already talking about becoming Elder Valladres!!!! So happy!!!!!

We had an activity in the church and watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I never realized how many life lessons are in that movie. We talked about how we need to stop and smell the roses. So many times we look for the golden ticket in our lives and don’t realize all the blessings we already have!!!! We had 13 investigators there.... and we didn’t invite a single one.... blessings!!!!

Mariano!!! He is so pilas. He reads the book of Mormon everyday and even laminated the copy we bought him ( a large print one, he can’t see small letters!!!). He wants to get baptized but his wife doesn’t want to get married. It makes me so sad to see the things that impede( is that a word??) people from getting baptized. We just got to let our faith overcome our trials. As Pres. Monson says our future is as bright as our faith!!!!

I love you all so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hna. Webster








No comments:

Post a Comment