Wednesday, July 9, 2014

May 26th I feel My Saviors Love

Bueno...
This week..... VICTOR GOT BAPTIZED!!!!  This joven is so pilas. He helped us chop wood for a recent convert and he was teaching the elders how to do it. He literally just chopped the wood in half his first strike. He is ridiculous. We waited for a while for his parents to arrive at the baptism but it was so worth it. (They aren’t members!) She (his mom) stood up after the baptism and hugged him for so long and she was bawling. She looked at me and was like we are coming to church tomorrow!!! (She didn’t come but it is because they aren’t married, her and her husband, and she feels guilty and knows she can’t get baptized until she does). We were able to help her understand the importance of obedience and she had lots of questions about the Book of Mormon. But we didn’t answer them... Victor did. It was incredible. He was telling his mom how she needed to read, meditate and then pray!! I was smiling so big!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So we are teaching this adorable family and I accidentally left my hymn book in their house. (I now know it was the Lords hand) When we returned to pick up my hymn book we were able to testify simply yet boldly about the book of Mormon and Freddy would not stop looking at it and skimming the pages as we taught him!! They came to church on Sunday too.... by themselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited to continue teaching them and help them understand the truthfulness of this message.

So I am in trio.... with my mission mom. If you remember well... we did not get along very well but I know the Lord is helping me become a more Christlike person. We have had to work hard but I really am seeing her in a new way. I know I just need to humble myself to the Lords will and forget myself. I can do all things in His strength. :)

I lead the choir for a visit form one of the area presidency. If you knew me before the mission, i didn’t even know how to lead!! It was an incredible experience. We weren’t singing very well in practices and the Lord really guided me to bear my testimony of the truthfulness of the words we were singing, I feel my Saviors Love. It turned out beautifully and I truly felt the saviors love surrounding me :)

1. I feel my Savior's love,,In all the world around me.
His Spirit warms my soul, Through everything I see.
2. I feel my Savior's love;Its gentleness enfolds me,
And when I kneel to pray,My heart is filled with peace.
3. I feel my Savior's love, And know that he will bless me.
I offer him my heart; My shepherd he will be.
4. I'll share my Savior's love,By serving others freely.
In serving I am blessed. In giving I receive.
Chorus
He knows I will follow him,
Give all my life to him.
I feel my Savior's love,
The love he freely gives me.

I love serving here in Guatemala. I love my Family. But most of all I love the Lord. He has given me so much and I don’t know how I will ever repay Him. I am just working with all I have to pay back a little of what He has given me. I love you all so much!! Share the Gospel... it makes you happy!!!

Mucho amor,
Hna. Kira Webster aka Bear




Hermana Trio






No comments:

Post a Comment