Wednesday, July 9, 2014

May 19th A week of Miracles

Well this week was full of miracles.
My heart is so happy. So I had exchanges with Hna. Arevalo and she took my place in SanFe. It was so much fun!!!! We got to talk about members and investigators and converts in San Felipe. the greatest thing she told me was this joven, Gustavo who hasn’t come to church in so long started coming again!! I was so excited. i could not believe it. the best part was it all started with a little note that I had sent to him. I sent like 50 cards to all of the people in San Felipe that have touched my heart. When he received my little note, he read it over and over again and has been going to church ever since. I think as a missionary I haven’t really seen many fruits but sometimes i forget many fruits come with time. I have never felt so happy when I heard that he was going. He is the joven who was wearing the deer park shirt in one of my pics!!!
Elder Seagrd, my zone leader gave a really inspired message this week. He talked about love and if we truly love the people we are teaching and then he shared the most influential scripture on my mission with all of us and it became even more influential.

2 Nephi 33:3

 But I, Nephi, have written what I have written, and I esteem it as of great worth, and especially unto my people. For I Pray continually for them by day, and mine eyes water my pillow by night, because of them; and I cry unto my God in faith, and I know that he will hear my cry.

Love until it hurts is what he told us. That is what I plan to do. Love these people with all my heart. :)

Wow. Victor. He is so pilas!! He is 14. And he has so much faith!! He is getting baptized this Saturday!! When i asked him to be baptized he was just like SI!!!!!!!!  I asked why he was so sure. His answer... I have faith Hermana. Then it gets even better. I asked why he always wants to listen to us and go to church. He picked up the Book of Mormon and said Yo sè que es verdadero. No es mentira. I know it is true. It´s not a lie. I am so amazed at the faith of this joven. If only all of us had this type of faith!! I am so excited for his baptism this Saturday!!!!

Last but not least.... MAURO. The missionaries have been teaching him forever and we pass by every once and while. We came last week with his daughter and he came in the middle of the lesson. He told us he has been thinking about being baptized and was going to tell us his answer next time we came. So i went with Hna. Arevalo and 2 members. It was such an amazing lesson. The spirit really guided me in what I needed to ask him. I asked him what he expects from our visits and he just went off for like 5 minutes about how he wants to be baptized and how he can be prepared to take this step. I WAS JUST IN SHOCK.  I was smiling so much and so was Hna. Arevalo!!! :) He told us I feel like I have been with the Mormons since the beginning. He told us his whole conversion story. He has listened to missionaries since he was 13 years old and he has decided to be baptized on June 7th!!! Close to your bday daddy!!

I am so excited. I love this gospel. It changes people. Not us as missionaries. It is all the gospel!!!
I love this work. I love you all!!!
xoxoxo
Hna. Kira Webster aka “bear”





Kira and her District Leader








No comments:

Post a Comment